Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something to Live for::::MY Bucket List::::



I recently read a blog entry that inspired me to put my bucket list in writing. I've always kept a bucket list...mentally, but i've been inspired to put it down in writing.

Now, what is a bucket list...and why do they call it a "bucket list"? It is a list of things to do before you take your last breath in this fabulous earth. According to urban dictionary:: it comes from the term "kicked the bucket"... {i still don't know what a bucket has to do with it}

People create all types of bucket lists, long term, short term, travel ect...and this is MINE...i've narrowed it down to 20 things that I WILL do in my lifetime.

{it's about living your life while you still have life in you}

1. I want to set foot in EVERY continent...including Antarctica! {3 down, 4 to go}
2. Walk the Road to Santiago de Compostela.
3. Become a great photographer...and show at a gallery.
4. Become fluent in another language. {i'm leaning towards French or Portuguese since I already speak Spanish.}
5. Celebrate New Years Eve in Rio de Janeiro.
6. Go skydiving as a birthday celebration.
7. Cross country road trip.
8. Travel to Machu Pichu
9. Attend Burning Man.
10. See the Northern Lights.
11. Have a cozy beach property in Latin America {Brasil or El Salvador}
12. Fall in Love with an amazing man.
13. Learn to belly dance.
14. Donate money to animal charities.
15. I want to be able to send my parents on vacation; I want them to travel.
16. Have a romantic kiss on top of the Eiffel Tower.
17. Experience motherhood.
18. Go wine tasting in Napa Valley and stay at a B&B.
19. Backpack around Europe.
20. I want to learn to cook gourmet meals and host great dinner parties.

:::just because my list stops at 20 doesn't mean that these are the only things I want to do in this life....I could go on and on, I want to travel everywhere and learn as much as I can. I want to make this life a grand one full of stories to re-tell!!:::



2 comments: